Summary: Read this article and you will quickly learn how to backup and convert Blu-ray movies to NAS friendly video for streaming to your DLNA compatible devices.
“I have been looking around for this for a while, but need some advice. I know how to rip Blu-rays, and I have been doing so just fine. The problem I face is with streaming a ripped Blu-ray via NAS. I have a NAS with 6TB that I want to stream my ripped Bu-rays from. “
NAS, with Network Attached Storage in full, is the extender for home sharing. If you have tons of movies on DVD and Blu-ray, and want to copy them to NAS for streaming with your Apple TV 3, Samsung TV, PS3, WD TV etc, you need to convert Blu-ray/DVD to NAS compatible MP4 or MKV format first. This article here will teach you how to backup and convert Blu-ray to NAS HD MP4 or MKV videos, so that you can preserve them on NAS or playback on HD media player/home theatre for sharing with your families and friends with ease.
To rip Blu-ray and DVD movies for NAS, UFUSoft Blu-ray Ripper is highly recommended. The program is capable of ripping DVD/Blu-ray to MP4, AVI, MKV for NAS streaming without no quality loss. And it’s easy to use and very stable. Best of all, it allows you to copy your DVD/Blu-ray to NAS with original structure or main movie only. The equivalent Mac version is UFUSoft Blu-ray Ripper for Mac. Just download it and follow the steps below to learn how to do it.
How to rip/transfer Blu-ray to NAS devices?
Now you can follow the easy steps below to rip Blu-ray movies and transfer Blu-ray to NAS for backup or watching, the Blu-ray to NAS conversion steps are very easy, now you can follow the guide below.
1. Free download and install UFUSoft Blu-ray to NAS converter windows or Mac version, launch it on your PC or Mac.
2. Please click “load disc” button to import Blu-ray or DVD disc, ISO file or Folder file into this program, it will rip Blu-ray to NAS supported video format.
3. Choose output format. This produces a video file for each movie that is compatible with NAS, since most users would like to play the movie on all devices from NAS, we recommend you to choose MP4 format, which has best video compatibility.
4. You can click settings button to adjust the output parameters, such as resolution, bitrate, frame rate, etc. if you want to maintain the 5.1 audio effect, you can choose MKV format for output and choose 5.1 audio in settings.
5. Click convert button to start the Blu-ray to NAS conversion.
Now you have got the way to rip Blu-ray to NAS and play Blu-ray from NAS devices. When the NAS Blu-ray ripper finished the conversion, please copy converted movies from computer to NAS, and then you can play Blu-ray on XBOX, HDTV, etc. from NAS devices, just try it now, hope this Blu-ray to NAS converter can solve your problem and meet with your requirement.
Supported NAS devices include:
WD My Cloud 4TB, Synology DiskStation, Lenovo IX2, WD My Cloud EX4 Diskless, WD My Cloud 2TB, BUFFALO LinkStation Pro Duo, NETGEAR ReadyNAS 104, Thecus NAS, WD My Cloud EX2, Drobo 5N, Synology America DiskStation, WD My Book Live, ZyXEL NSA310, Seagate Business Storage NAS, Seagate BlackArmor NAS, Seagate Central 2TB, QNAP TS-469-PRO, Intel SS4000-E Entry Storage System, etc.