MXF is much more popular and becomes a worldwide file format as the development of the various camcorders like Canon XF, Panasonic P2, Sony XDCAM. In the meantime, there are an increasing number of professional NLE’s that can work with MXF files natively including Avid Media Composer. However, while importing MXF footage into Avid Media Composer for further editing, users always encounter video and audio problems. This article aims to solve the MXF files and Avid MC incompatible issues for you.
Although Avid claims that Media Composer after 1.5 support MXF importing, when using MXF videos in Avid Media Composer, users always meet unexpected problems, as .mxf format is efficient, but simply isn’t engineered for complex post production effects processing. One of the common solutions is linking to the H.264 MXF files via AMA, then transcode in Media Composer. But incompatibility still exists among different camcorder manufactures. We’d like to find something can work with all MXF files.
What we’ve found is that DNxHD format delivers both efficiency and quality without compromises. So, before getting MXF files into Avid Media Composer, you’d better convert MXF to DNxHD MOV first. This format will allow you to drop your MXF files directly into Media Composer without rendering. And UFUSoft MXF Converter for Mac is the ideal tool to achieve your goal smoothly.
Overall, the program is a professional app which allows for creation of MXF files with the Avid DNxHD codec under Mac OS X. It is free, clean and safe to install and use. With it, you can effortlessly transcode Canon/P2/Sony XDCAM MXF to edit in Avid Media Composer, Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, iMovie, Final Cut Express and more without problems. It works well and converts flawlessly. If you are running a Windows PC, please turn to MXF Converter. Below is how.
How to convert MXF to Avid Media Composer DNxHD codec?
It is so easy to convert MXF to Avid Media Composer DNxHD codec with UFUSoft MXF converter for Mac, you can get your MXF video files converted in just few steps. Now you can follow the easy steps below to convert MXF to Avid Media Composer compatible format.
1. Free download UFUSoft MXF video converter for Mac form our website, install and launch it on your computer. Both Mac and Windows versions are supported, so it can help you to convert MXF files on Mac and Windows.
2. After you launched the MXF to Avid Media Composer converter, you will see its brief main interface. Now you can click add files button to load your MXF files, or you can directly drag and drop the .mxf files.
3. Choose output format. To edit MXF files with Avid Media Composer, you are recommended to choose Avid DNxHD MOV for output, this is native format for Avid Media Composer, you won’t have any importing or editing issue with this codec. Besides this format, there are many formats you can choose according to your need, such as convert MXF to MP4.
4. Before convert MXF to DNxHD for Avid MC, you can customize the output parameters, such as resolution, bitrate, frame rate, etc.
5. The last step is to click convert button to convert MXF to Avid Media Composer DNxHD codec.
The MXF to Avid Media Composer converter will begin the conversion immediately, just wait some time, when the conversion is finished, you can import converted video files into Avid Media Composer for editing natively.