“I shot footage on the Canon C300. I would like to import my .mxf files to Apple ProRes so that I can edit in Final Cut Pro X and Final Cut Pro 7. Any simple step by step method to get my footage onto my timeline so that I can edit. Been going around in circles for 2 days with this.”
Many users have encountered problems when importing MXF to Final Cut Pro X/7 for editing on Mac, the main reason is that MXF video format is not supported to import to Final Cut Pro X/7 directly and natively, because Final Cut Pro X/7 best supported video codec is Apple ProRes codec MOV format, so you can’t import MXF to Final Cut Pro X/7 directly. Maybe you are looking for a MXF to Final Cut Pro X/7 importing plugin, but it is not easy to find a good plugin that works for latest cameras and camcorders, since there are many kinds of video codes used by these recording devices, you’d better find a better way to import MXF to Final Cut Pro X/7 without plugins.
The best way we tested to import MXF to Final Cut Pro X/7 natively without plugin is to convert MXF to Apple ProRes codec with UFUSoft MXF Converter for Mac, which is native codec for Final Cut Pro X/7, once you converted MXF to Apple ProRes, you can import MXF to Final Cut Pro X/7 without any problems, and you don’t need to render, you can edit the video natively in Final Cut Pro X/7 on Mac.
Steps to convert MXF to Final Cut Pro X/7 on Mac
Now you can follow the easy steps below to convert MXF to FCP X/7 best supported Apple ProRes codec, when the converting finished, you can import footages to FCP X/7 and edit natively.
2. Launch this MXF to FCP X/7 converter on your Mac, you will see its brief main interface. Now you can load your .mxf files into this converter, you can just drag and drop the footages, or click add file button to import MXF files, batch loading and converting is supported in this MXF to FCP X/7 converter.
3. Choose output format. After you imported the MXF files, please choose the output format that you need, for example, to edit MXF files with FCP X/7, you can choose Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov), this is native format for Final Cut Pro X or FCP 7.
4. If you want to customize the output parameters, you can click the settings button to adjust the resolution, bitrate, etc.
5. Edit feature is available to use in this MXF to FCP X/7 converter, you can easily trim MXF video, crop MXF files, add watermark to MXF video, extract/remove/replace audio from MXF files.
6. The final step is to click convert button to start MXF to FCP X/7 conversion.
Just wait some time, this MXF to FCP X/7 converter will convert your files at fast speed with top quality, when the conversion finished, you can import converted files to Final Cut Pro X/7 for editing with native Apple ProRes codec.