Sony PXW-Z100, together with the fixed 4K-compatible high-performance G Lens, weighs less than 3kg. What impressed me most is that it uses Sony’s XAVC 4:2:2 10-bit intra frame recording format which is designed for 4K. Although Sony PXW-Z100 utilizes the same format as Sony PMW-F55/F5, with every new camera it still comes with different workflow. In this article, I will focus on Sony PXW-Z100 XAVC and Final Cut Pro workflow. You can read on to get some info you want.
As the popularity of XAVC codec, more and more NLE’s can natively supports HD &4K XAVC. It includes Adobe Premiere, Apple FCP-X/7/6, Avid Media Composer/Symphony, and Sony Vegas Pro 12. While, many importing issues still exist when users working with Sony PXW-Z100 XAVC vodeos in Final Cut Pro, including FCP 6/7 even FCP X. That mainly because XAVC is not an ideal editing format, and 4K footage is not currently supported well.
To avoid these problems, the easy workaround is to CONVERT 4K XAVC to FCP COMPATIBLE FILE FORMAT. As we all know, Final Cut Pro works best with clips in the ProRes MOV format, the easy workaround is, get a Mac ProRes Converter for FCP X/7/6 and convert Sony PXW-Z100 XAVC to Apple ProRes, which will save you both time and trouble, and all you need is to drag the result videos for prompt editing.
To make the task more convenient to achieve, a professional Converter – UFUWare XAVC Converter for Mac is highly recommended to you. With it, you can effortlessly transcode Sony PXW-Z100 4K XAVC files to Apple ProRes – ensuring maximum editing quality and efficiency when working with Final Cut Pro (no matter Final Cut Pro X, FCP 6 or FCP 7). The conversion is darn easy to be finished with only three clicks without loss of video quality. Click the Download button below to get the program and check out the easy steps to convert and import Sony PXW-Z100 videos to Final Cut Pro X/7/6 without any troubles.
1. Free download Sony PXW-Z100 Video converter, install and run it on your Mac computer. Besides XAVC video format, this software can also convert MKV, AVI, AVCHD, MTS, MP4, MPG, FLV, MOV and other formats.
2. Run this Sony PXW-Z100 to FCP converter, and then load your recordings to the software.
3. Click format column to choose output format for FCP. As Apple ProRes codec is native codec for final cut pro, just click and choose it. You can also choose other formats according to your need.
4. You can also customize the output parameters, just click settings button on the main interface of the Sony PXW-Z100 video converter, and then you can adjust the resolution, bitrate and other parameters as you want.
5. Click convert button to start the conversion.
This software will convert Sony PXW-Z100 XAVC to FCP Apple ProRes codec at a fast speed, video and audio synchronization is guaranteed. When the conversion finished, you can load converted footages to FCP X/7/6 for editing on Mac. Now you can take a free try, it will help you!