Summary: How to edit Nikon D810 H.264 MOV files with iMovie smoothly? Convert Nikon D810 1080 60p files to iMovie AIC codec with top MOV converter program on Mac..
D810 is the latest full-frame DSLR camera just released by Nikon. It’s the successor to the Nikon D800 and has equipped with powerful hardware. And it further enhances the image resolution capability which is the biggest feature of Nikon D800 series. It uses the latest EXPEED 4 image-processing engine, a standard range of sensitivities from ISO 64 to ISO 12800 and an effective pixel count of 36.3-million pixels. Which offers users the best image quality and video experience.
However, Nikon D810 recorded H.264 MOV can not be recognized by iMovie usually because H.264 is not the most suitable codec for non linear edition. In fact, you just need to convert Nikon D810 MOV footage to Apple InterMediate Codec(AIC) which is the native editing codec and works well in iMovie. UFUSoft HD Converter for Mac is just the best helper which is recommended by millions of experienced videographers. It can transcode MXF, MTS, MOV, MP4 and any other video into more than 350 output format for editing and viewing. You can easily import Nikon D810 MOV into iMovie with this powerful tool. And the conversion speed is 5X faster than other similar software because of the NVIDIA CUDA technology. Moreover, There is zero quality loss during the conversion which means that you can maintain the original video sharpness.
This is a simple tutorial to show you how to convert H.264 MOV to AIC MOV using this Nikon D810 to iMovie importer. First of all, you need to download and install HD Converter for Mac onto your Mac OS X.
1. Please download this Nikon D810 to iMovie converter form our website, aka UFUSoft HD Video Converter for Mac, this program can convert your recordings to any formats you need on Mac. This program also has Windows version, which can help you to convert videos easily on windows computer, if you need, you can also choose to install it.
2. Import your Nikon D810 1080p video into this software, you can click the add file button to load files, or just drag and drop the footages, batch loading and converting is supported by this Nikon D810 to iMovie converter.
3. Choose the output format that you need. To edit videos with iMovie, we recommend you to choose Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC) MOV format, because this is native format for iMovie, you can also choose other formats for output according to your need, such as convert MXF to FCP 7 ProRes codec.
4. Click settings to adjust the output parameters if you need to customize the parameters.
5. The last step is to click convert button to start the Nikon D810 to iMovie conversion process.
Please wait some time until the Nikon D810 video converter finished the conversion, and then you can open the folder to get the converted video files, and then you can load the clips to iMovie for editing smoothly.