How can I import Sony FDR-AX33 recorded videos to FCP X/7/6 and edit smoothly? From this article, you will know the best way to edit Sony FDR-AX33 XAVC S files with FCP X/7/6, and you won’t have Sony FDR-AX33 to FCP X/7/6 importing and editing problems anymore.
The Sony FDR-AX33 is a palm-sized Handycam camcorder that combines 4K video recording and Balanced Optical SteadyShot image stabilization to deliver clear, high-resolution video, even as you follow the action. It is equipped with a wide-angle Zeiss Vario Sonnar T* lens with 10x optical zoom and up to 20x Clear Image zoom and features an Exmor R CMOS sensor with Bionz X image processor that delivers Ultra HD (3840×2160) resolution video at 24 or 30 fps using Sony’s XAVC S codec. It also records 1080p video up to 60 fps in XAVC S or AVCHD and takes up to 20.6MP upscaled (interpolated) still images.
However, the Sony FDR-AX33 recorded XAVC S videos is not well supported in Final Cut Pro X, on Sony FDR-AX33 related forums many users have found that they can’t edit Sony FDR-AX33 XAVC S videos in FCP X/7/6 smoothly, now in this article we will share the easiest way to import Sony FDR-AX33 to FCP X/7/6 and edit Sony FDR-AX33 XAVC S files with FCP X/7/6 natively.
How to edit Sony FDR-AX33 files with FCP X/7/6 natively?
As we talked above, many users have problems when they edit Sony FDR-AX33 files with FCP X/7/6, what’s the reason? It is because of the codec. From Sony FDR-AX33’s user manual you will know that AX33 can record videos in XAVC S format, and XAVC S codec is not good for editing, FCP X/7/6 can’t handle XAVC S files smoothly, so it is the XAVC S codec caused the problem. If you want to edit videos smoothly with FCP X/7/6, you’d better convert videos to FCP X/7/6 best supported video codec. From Apple final cut pro product page you will find the information that Apple ProRes codec is the native codec for FCP X/7/6, with this codec you can edit videos with final cut natively. So the best way to edit Sony FDR-AX33 XAVC S files with FCP X/7/6 is to convert Sony FDR-AX33 XAVC S files to Apple ProRes 422 codec MOV format, and then you can edit Sony FDR-AX33 videos in FCP X/7/6 smoothly.
Sony FDR-AX33 to FCP X/7/6 converter download
To convert Sony FDR-AX33 files to FCP X/7/6 Apple ProRes codec, you will need to use a video converter which can output videos in Apple ProRes codec, here we want to introduce the best Sony FDR-AX33 to FCP X/7/6 converter for you, the program is called UFUSoft HD Video Converter for Mac, this is the best XAVC S converter for Mac on the market, it can convert all HD videos to the format you want, supported HD videos include XAVC S, MOV, MTS, M2TS, MXF, WMV, MPG, FLV, etc. this software has many native formats for editing programs and playable devices, such as Apple ProRes 422 codec for FCP X/7/6 and FCP 7, Apple InterMediate Codec for iMovie, DNxHD codec for Avid Media Composer, and optimized formats for Android tablets, Android smartphones, Apple iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, HDTVs, etc. it is definitely powerful video converter for you. You can follow the link to learn MTS to FCP X/7/6 conversion guide.
Convert Sony FDR-AX33 XAVC S to FCP X/7/6 supported codec
1. Install Sony FDR-AX33 to FCP X/7/6 converter on your Mac computer, run this program as the best Sony FDR-AX33 video converter. Besides Mac version, this software also has Windows version, which can also help you to convert Sony FDR-AX33 H.264 XAVC S files on Windows 8.1, Windows 7 or Windows XP, etc.
2. Click the “Add files” button on the top left corner you will be able to import Sony FDR-AX33 recorded XAVC S videos into the software, you can add several Sony FDR-AX33 XAVC S files at one time, batch conversion is supported, if you have other videos that need to convert, you can also import them to convert. You can also convert M2TS to FCP X/7/6.
3. Choose FCP X/7/6 best codec for output. Please click the format column and choose Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov), this is best codec for using with final cut. This software also has many optimized formats for other editing programs and playable devices.
4. Customization is supported in this Sony FDR-AX33 XAVC S to FCP X/7/6 converter, you can click the settings button and adjust the resolution, bitrate, frame rate, etc. according to your need.
5. The final step is to click convert button to start the Sony FDR-AX33 XAVC S to FCP X/7/6 conversion process.
Video and audio quality is guaranteed in this Sony FDR-AX33 converter, UFUSoft HD Video Converter will convert your videos to Apple ProRes at fast speed. When the conversion is finished, you can load converted videos into FCP X/7/6 and edit smoothly. Just try this software now, it will help you.